Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Makings Of...

A tired puppy.
Left and middle: Otis very excited to be going to a play date with his friend, Pooter. 
Right: a tired Otis (top - after dog play date, bottom - after walking the Bret Younger 5k)

So far, the dog sitting week is off to a great start. A wonderful puppy play date last night, a 5k walk this morning, and an afternoon of naps.

Other things accomplished today: 
  • installed a window a/c unit (with the help of my wonderful mom)
  • went to the farmers market and enjoyed cheese curds, mini donuts, and a bucket of mimosa...thus negating all of the good work I did with the 5k walk
  • pulled a tick out of poor Otis's leg. Not sure where or when he got that, but it definitely gave me the heebie geebies! He was such a good sport about it and sat still while I  attempted to get a grip on it & pull it out. Ick, ick, ick!

Oh, and Otis has been farting all afternoon while we have tried to nap. I bet you really wanted to know that, right? 

PS) I'm so happy we are getting some rain! Let's hope the humidity goes down a bit.