Monday, June 17, 2013

Twenty Five

Well, I've been 25 for almost three weeks. Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I want to go back to 24. I have also been a terrible blogger. I apologize. I'm going to try to make it up to you today by giving you 25 updates on my life. Sounds exciting, right?! Right...

1. I'm mostly doing this just to get some words out of my brain so I can concentrate on my homework.
2. I might be addicted to coconut milk ice cream. But it doesn't give me any negative side effects (running to the bathroom and/or clearing a room) so I think it's acceptable.
3. I'm slinging coffee to the masses on a fairly regular basis nowadays. I must say, that Copper Rock really is a pretty fun place. I remember thinking that being a barista would be a relaxing second job. I laugh at myself now! But at least I'm having fun.
4. I am still rocking a 4.0 in grad school. I just finished my fourth class, which was brutal and I skimmed by with an A. On to class five. After this one, I'll be half way done!
5. I can't imagine having better parents. Really, I can't. They have both been so fantastic the last few weeks (ok, the last 25 years too) and I don't think I'll ever be able to fully express my love & gratitude to them.
6. I really want to move to Colorado in September.
7. But I may have, kinda sorta, 100% fallen in love...with this handsome dude.
8. I pray multiple times a day for guidance. And truly believe that God will lead me where I am supposed to be.
9. Saying goodbye to the ABC boys was one of the hardest things I've had to in recent memory. Those boys are going to do big things and I can't wait to watch it all unfold. I'm so grateful that I got to be part of their journey.
10. I run my first 5k of the summer in less than two weeks. The last time I ran more than 400m was in April.
11. I missed an entire week of CrossFit. I could be really hard on myself about it, but really, my shoulder needed the break. I'm ready to jump back in tomorrow though!
12. I really love CrossFit. I don't care what the haters say about it being a cult. I love how I feel after a WOD and I have never felt this confident in my own skin.
13. You remember that handsome dude I told you I fell in love with? I'm officially living with him, in Oshkosh. I love this adventure!
14. I am enjoying (and also hating) learning what foods my body does and does not like. Gluten makes me bloated and tired. Dairy makes me gassy and poopy...sometimes at the same time. Peanut butter makes me gain weight. Oatmeal fills me up very well. Rice is iffy. Potatoes make me crash and burn. I love most fruits and veggies, and luckily so does my body!
15. My girlfriends are up there with my parents as being the best...ever. I don't know where I would be without the fabulous ladies in my life.
16. I'm taking my handsome dude camping in Door County in July. He's never been. I can't wait to show him all of my favorite places!
17. My car gets amazing gas mileage when it is used predominately on the highway. I'm very grateful for this considering I am officially and Oshkosh to Appleton commuter.
18. Even though my future is full of confusion and contradictions and unknowns, I am incredibly happy with where life is right now, in this moment. 
19. I found out a few weeks ago that I can wear kids shoes. This is a major bonus because they're usually half the price of adult shoes. That's awesome for a girl on a budget!
20. I bought a new bike in May. I love it, and can't wait to learn my way around town a bit better so I can ride it all over.
21. I loathe Wisconsin politics lately. I am a politics junkie, but hearing some of the things going on in our state makes me sick to my stomach. I used to love listening to WPR every morning to catch the news, especially for the Capitol Report on Monday mornings. I can't do it anymore.
22. I still have this little dream of going into politics some day.
23. I miss dressing up for work. I live in workout clothes and coffee shop outfits and am constantly itching for reasons to get dressed up.
24. I've been missing college a lot recently. I think because I was just as broke then as I am now, but didn't have as many responsibilities.
25. Even though I have no idea what it is going to look like, I know in my heart that everything is going to turn out right.