Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Here's to Us


Sometimes you hear a song and it just makes you think. That doesn't happen often with the hard rock I tend to listen to, but this Halestorm song definitely got me.

This is for my girls. The girls who have showed me true friendship. The girls who I have fought with, made up with, and had the best times of my life with. The girls who have seen me through my darkest hours, and celebrated my greatest moments. I am a stronger, happier, and better person because of them. 

I can say with 100% honesty, I don't know how I would have made it through the last three years without them. We have been through heartbreak, job loss, moving (and moving again. and then again. and again), birthdays, weddings, babies, new relationships, road trips, countless girls nights, bonfires, and a few too many drinks. 

When I look back at this time of my life, these faces will shine the brightest. I have no doubt that these are the friendships people write about, and truly believe that we'll be friends until we are old & grey. These have been the hardest years of my life, but have also been the best because of my girlfriends. 

There are so many people who have influenced me and made memories with me, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. My life wouldn't be the same without the ladies in the Girls Night Out meetup. You're all amazing. 

But when I heard this song, I thought of three girls in particular. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. A million times over. Love you ladies!