Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Eleven Things

There is a little game is going around Facebook right now. But I hate being one of those people with an annoyingly long status. So, I'm going to do my eleven random facts here instead, post it on my wall, and see if I can get out of continuing the cycle (not likely...)

1. I just started my second to last graduate course, which means I am officially done in 10 weeks.
2. Tomorrow marks my eighth week in Denver.
3. Last week Tuesday marked my sixth month of CrossFit. I have never been so comfortable in my own skin. I love everything I get out of CrossFit, much of which cannot even be seen.
4. I could talk about CrossFit all day, tend to bring it up in every conversation I have, and don't care if it annoys you.
5. I have mostly eliminated all dairy and gluten from my diet. Not just because it's the "paleo" thing to do, but because I was sick of feeling sick every time I ate. You can tease me about it as much as you want, I don't care. Because a happy gut = a happy Crystal.
6. I am in the process of finishing the last two chocolate chip pancakes (yes, they are gluten, dairy, soy free) from the batch of 8 I made this morning. Hormones do crazy things to me, and I don't always have the self control to stop it.
7. I eat bacon at least 5 days a week. Sometimes I feel bad having a vegetarian roommate, but she doesn't seem to mind.
8. I am terrified of graduating and not being able to find a job in my field.
9. I am seriously considering going on for my PhD right away, but would rather wait until I have some amount of experience in my field.
10. I still stop dead in my tracks at least once a day in awe of the fact that I get to live in this city, that I made this dream come true, that I have made it this far.
11. My faith, in God and humanity, grows every Sunday when I spend time with the littles at my church.

What I get from CrossFit...and then some.