Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Shop Love


 
a favorite Curly Girl design

There are few things I enjoy more than really unique, artsy, creative shops. I used to spend payday at Hey, Daisy! in downtown Appleton, always finding *something* that I needed. There were three usual suspects: a cute, flowy dress, funky jewelry, or a Curly Girl Designs piece.

I love, love, love Curly Girl Design. From the whimsical artwork to the joyous quotes, I just cannot get enough. I have given Curly Girl away as presents, but also have a few favorite pieces that have made their way onto a wall in every place I have lived in the last four years. Once I have an office again, I will also be ordering their calendar-- it is by far my favorite wall calendar! I am already planning the pieces I will purchase to decorate my eventual desk in my eventual office...

Another shop I am loving lately is Elle & Co. Now, I don't even OWN one of her Daybook Planners...YET, and I am still totally smitten. There's something about the simple, yet elegant, design that I can't get over. It doesn't hurt that the girl behind the shop, Lauren, is an absolute gem. As soon as I found her blog I knew I was in for a treat! Lately, I have especially enjoyed her series on "purple thumb" gardening. Girl after my own heart, I tell ya!

Are there any cute shops I need to explore and do some window shopping? Lord knows real shopping is out of the question right now, but I still like to look! And make sure you check out these shops-- you never know what you might find!