Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Things I'm Loving Today


There are enough "t"s (side note: is there a correct way to make a letter plural?!) in this title that I think it works as a new Tuesday series. Yup. I was going to follow a few other bloggers who list three things they're loving each Tuesday, but I don't want to be limited like that. So, off with the limit on to the things I'm loving!

1. My mama comes to visit this weekend!!! There's really not much else to say; I feel like the triple exclamation points say it all. Basically, I'm ecstatic. 

2. Hootie and the Blowfish. When Hootie comes on my Pandora station, I can't help but smile. So, so good!

3. My first week of on-call duty is coming to close today! Phew. Ok, that's an exaggeration, because in reality, it's a ghost town on campus still so duty is easy peasy. But I'm still excited to be able to stay off campus past 7pm again ;) 

4. Riverside Park. If it weren't for the annoying gnats, I would be down there during all of my free time. Even with the gnats, I visit on a regular basis-- either for the Saturday morning farmers market or to lay on a blanket and read. 

5. READING! Seriously, I'm on an impressive roll right now. I mean, finishing a book every 48 hours kind of roll. Thank goodness for the well-stocked library system in La Crosse! I've basically scoured all of the "books to read in your 20s/30s" lists and judged the books by their covers to choose which ones I'll start with. I'm not ashamed. So far, I have read: Gifts From the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh (a 16th birthday present from my mom, taking on a whole new meaning at 26), The Late Bloomer's Revolution by Amy Cohen, Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close, and Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan. My current "to-read" pile is pictured above.

6. Continuing with the library theme, free movies! I have Amazon Prime, but their selection can sometimes feel like it is lacking, so it's nice to have another resource. So far, I've watched Gatsby (the new one), The Butler, and 84 Charring Cross Road. Now if only people would start returning their copies of season 3 of Game of Thrones, so I could get my hands on that!