Wednesday, August 6, 2014

My Comfort Zone


Here's the thing: of the last 12 years, I have been in a defined, committed relationship for nearly 10 years. I started my first long-term relationship at the ripe age of 14. That lasted 7 years. The next was just shy of a year. Then came my two "single" years. And I've spent the last two years in more "real" relationships. It's safe to say relationships are my comfort zone. 

I am most comfortable when I have another person to share my life with. Be that the daily struggles and accomplishments, the emotional and physical connections, or even the seemingly mundane traditions. I am a relationship person. It's who I am, it's all I know. 

But what if the quote above is true? What if my life hasn't even started, and has just been waiting for me to finally give up on this "comfort zone" I've been in? Who knows if that's the case. Luckily, the only way I know how to get through being out of my comfort zone is faith. And there's nothing better to lean on. Despite being so far out of my comfort zone, I am surprisingly at peace. Faith is good.